Strawberry Rhubarb Cake, Strawberry Rhubarb Fruit salad, Strawberry Rhubarb Fruit Compte, Juice and soon to be jam!
If there is one woman in my life that I would have to choose that inspires me it would hands down be my sister in law Viv. She has such a big heart and she is so giving to the community and the youth in our area.
She is also fantastic in the kitchen and can decorate a room in no time. She makes every event special. She takes the time and care to not only make a room and the food presentation look beautiful she always leaves behind a little special touch of herself.
Viv came over this evening to borrow some rhubarb from my yard. I tend to want to keep it but rarely ever get around to harvesting it let alone making much out of it. But seeing what she whipped up in a matter of an hour is once again inspiring.
Shop locally and use local produce whenever possible. Support your community and country, whatever one it may be!
- Recipes: Rhubarb-Strawberry-Honey Lemonade and Rhubarb-Strawberry Cobbler. (floweryprose.com)
- Rhubarb Strawberry Crumb Bars (findinggastropia.wordpress.com)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Butter in the Crockpot (mlplouff.wordpress.com)
- Spring Desserts: Rhubarb (and Strawberry) Crumble – Grace’s Recipe (acougarinthekitchen.com)
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Shrub (twogirlsintheweeds.wordpress.com)
- Vanilla Rhubarb Jam with Earl Grey Tea (bklynlocavore.com)
- Spring Baking: Rhubarb and Strawberry Tart (thevanillabeandream.wordpress.com)
- Rhubarb and Strawberry compote (greatbritishchefs.com)
I haven’t had a rhubarb.. anything since moving to the city. but, I remember how easy it is to grow. The unique flavor always brings me right back to those simple country days.
I’m not much of a gardener, see my rant about gardening…but when we bought our house there was already rhubarb there. I don’t think I’ve ever used it but she does and I’m thankful!
I don’t care for it much myself…
Yes, that’s how easy it is. I have a “black” thumb, but I can grow rhubarb. lol. Thanks for liking my blog post, btw.
My pleasure 🙂
Not a fan of rhubarb, but it all looks so pretty! My mother n law is my own Viv. She makes her own cheese, yogurt, an wine. She is an amazing wood crafter, she is great at seeing and can upholster just about anything. She is great at drawing and painting. I don’t think there is anything that woman can’t do!
Enjoy your yummies and thanks for dropping by my blog.
Love the salad idea! Thanks so much for sharing my rhubarb jam recipe.
My pleasure Melissa.