If there is one woman in my life that I would have to choose that inspires me it would hands down be my sister in law Viv. She has such a big heart and she is so giving to the community and the youth in our area.
She is also fantastic in the kitchen and can decorate a room in no time. She makes every event special. She takes the time and care to not only make a room and the food presentation look beautiful she always leaves behind a little special touch of herself.
Viv came over this evening to borrow some rhubarb from my yard. I tend to want to keep it but rarely ever get around to harvesting it let alone making much out of it. But seeing what she whipped up in a matter of an hour is once again inspiring.
Shop locally and use local produce whenever possible. Support your community and country, whatever one it may be!
- Recipes: Rhubarb-Strawberry-Honey Lemonade and Rhubarb-Strawberry Cobbler. (floweryprose.com)
- Rhubarb Strawberry Crumb Bars (findinggastropia.wordpress.com)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Butter in the Crockpot (mlplouff.wordpress.com)
- Spring Desserts: Rhubarb (and Strawberry) Crumble – Grace’s Recipe (acougarinthekitchen.com)
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Shrub (twogirlsintheweeds.wordpress.com)
- Vanilla Rhubarb Jam with Earl Grey Tea (bklynlocavore.com)
- Spring Baking: Rhubarb and Strawberry Tart (thevanillabeandream.wordpress.com)
- Rhubarb and Strawberry compote (greatbritishchefs.com)